UŞAK-IZMIR SHOOK HANDS
A protocol was signed between Mustafa Kuvvet, Chairman of Uşak Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and Prof. Dr. Oğuz Esen, Rector of Izmir University of Economics, for the future of Uşak students. First degree blood relatives of members of Uşak Chamber of Commerce and Industry and district chambers qualified for 15% education discount at IUE as part of the protocol.
Along with Kuvvet and Prof. Dr. Esen, İsmail Karaman, President of the Council, and Board Members Ali Türkcan and Ahmet Demirci attended the protocol ceremony. Prof. Dr. Oğuz Esen stated that the University trained entrepreneurial, innovative youth. He said, “The University was established with the support of Izmir Chamber of Commerce, significant representative of business world, in 2001. Therefore, we take the demands coming from business world into consideration seriously. We are training qualified graduates who can speak at least to languages. We have become one of the distinguished higher education institutions in our 14th year with more than 8 thousand graduates and 7 thousand 500 students. We are the only foundation university in Aegean Region to offer education in English. We want to contribute to the development of Uşak by educating their successful students at Izmir Economics”.
‘Hoping to see Uşak youth’
Prof. Dr. Esen said that they would be admitting students for the first time in Faculty of Medicine where the medium of instruction would be English. He also said that their goal was to create a Silicon Valley in Güzelbahçe campus. Prof. Dr. Esen reported that they expected to see successful students of Uşak at Izmir University of Economics
‘To sustain economic development…’
Chairman Mustafa Kuvvet pointed that university-industry collaboration was very significant in terms of turning the economy wheel well. Kuvvet said, “The importance of university-industry collaboration became clearer for our country that needs to sustain economic development and maintain its growth. This protocol we signed today is a very good example to this collaboration.”
What are the terms?
1. This discount is applied to Students accepted on “General (paying tuition fee)”.
2. It is given to first degree blood relatives of members of Uşak Chamber of Commerce who are real persons or legal persons, and first degree blood relatives of people who are representatives of legal persons that have the authority to represent and bind, and who have partnerships for the past year at the same time
3. A total of 15% discount is applied to tuition fees of these students.
4. Members of Uşak Chamber of Commerce who are real persons or legal persons, will be able to benefit from this discount only once for each membership.
5. This discount is valid for regular education periods; it does not cover summer school fees, dormitory fees, and extended education periods.
6. Documents mentioned below need to be submitted in order to benefit from this discount:
- Registration certificate from Uşak Trade Registry Office (for real people).
- Document proving the partnership for the past year from Uşak Trade Registry Office (for real people) and document proving the legal persons having the authority to” represent and bind”.
- ID copies of students and parents who are going to benefit from the discount.
7. Students, who wish to benefit from this discount, need to submit their documents to Financial Affairs Directorate at final registration or the end of October the latest. Discounts will be in effect in the following semester, and discount for fall semester is reflected in spring semester fees.