FUTURE OF FETHIYE IS AT IZMIR UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS
A protocol was signed between Akif Arıcan, Chairman of Fethiye Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and Prof. Dr. Oğuz Esen, Rector of Izmir University of Economics, for Fethiye students. First degree blood relatives of members of Fethiye Chamber of Commerce and Industry qualified for education discount at IUE as part of the protocol. Along with Arıcan and Prof. Dr. Esen, Burhanettin Tuna, Vice Chairman of Fethiye Chamber of Commerce and Industry attended the protocol ceremony that took place in Fethiye.
Prof. Dr. Oğuz Esen stated that the University trained entrepreneurial, innovative youth. He said, “The University was established by Izmir Chamber of Commerce Education and Health Foundation in 2001. We executed the will of the trade authority that convened at the 1st National Economy Congress, about chambers of commerce establishing universities in big cities. There is a historical connection. We are training qualified graduates who can speak at least to languages. We have become one of the distinguished higher education institutions in our 14th year with more than 8 thousand graduates and 7 thousand 500 students. We are the only foundation university in Aegean Region to offer education in English”.
Prof. Dr. Esen said that they would be admitting students for the first time in Faculty of Medicine where the medium of instruction would be English. He also said that they would be establishing laboratories that will focus on engineering field in Güzelbahçe campus. Prof. Dr. Esen reported that their goal was to create a Silicon Valley there and they expected to see successful students of Fethiye at Izmir University of Economics.
‘Better future for Fethiye youth’
Chairman Akif Arıcan pointed out that their goal was to ensure their kids got the best education, and they would make sure to publicize this 15% discount in their region. Arıcan said, “We have a need especially in the field of tourism. We, as non-governmental organization, will contribute to this need. We are in need of well-trained intermediate staff.”
What are the terms?
1. This discount is applied to Students accepted on “General (paying tuition fee)”.
2. It is given to first degree blood relatives of members of Fethiye Chamber of Commerce who are real persons or legal persons, and first degree blood relatives of people who are representatives of legal persons that have the authority to represent and bind, and who have partnerships for the past year at the same time
3. A total of 15% discount is applied to tuition fees of these students.
4. Members of Fethiye Chamber of Commerce who are real persons or legal persons, will be able to benefit from this discount only once for each membership.
5. This discount is valid for regular education periods; it does not cover summer school fees, dormitory fees, and extended education periods.
6. Documents mentioned below need to be submitted in order to benefit from this discount:
- Registration certificate from Fethiye Trade Registry Office (for real people).
- Document proving the partnership for the past year from Fethiye Trade Registry Office (for real people) and document proving the legal persons having the authority to” represent and bind”.
- ID copies of students and parents who are going to benefit from the discount.
7. Students, who wish to benefit from this discount, need to submit their documents to Financial Affairs Directorate at final registration or the end of October the latest. Discounts will be in effect in the following semester, and discount for fall semester is reflected in spring semester fees.